Image of Melagavi (Μελαγκἀβη) or Heraion (Ηραἰον) Lighthouse at Perachora, Loutraki, Greece.
Built in 1897 on the Agrilaos peninsula, the Melagavi (Μελαγκἀβη) or Heraion (Ηραἰον) is situated in the golf of Alkyonides Islands at Perachora, Loutraki, Province of Corith; .appr/ ninety-minutes car drive from Athens. The Heraion lighthouse is a rectangular light tower, made of stone with a T-shaped outline. In 1947, the building was renovated and repaired.
Loutraki is a popular seaside summer resort. The lighthouse is in very close proximity to ancient remnants dating as back as in 6000 BC; more prominent as the remnants of the Heraion of Perachora (Greek: Ηραίο Περαχώρας)
The lighthouse even today remains an active guide to navigation.
© 2013 – present Basil M Karatzas & Karatzas Images. All Rights Reserved.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS: The purpose of this blog is for entertainment and information purposes. Vessel description(s), if any, is/are provided in good faith and believed to be correct and accurate but no assurances, warranties or representations are made herewith. Any vessel description(s) is/are provided for entertainment purposes only. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for any errors / omissions in vessel description.
Access to this blog signifies the reader’s irrevocable acceptance of this disclaimer. No part of this blog can be reproduced by any means and under any circumstances, whatsoever, in whole or in part, without proper attribution or the consent of the copyright and trademark holders of this website. To purchase rights or merchandise of high resolutions images and art presented here, please visit www.karatzas.nyc or email < info [at] BMKaratzas.com >. Thank you for the consideration.