MV ‘HAPPY RIVER’

Images of Heavylift Vessel MV ‘HAPPY RIVER’
16,050 DWT Multi-Purpose / HeavyLift Cargo Built 1997

IDENTIFICATION: Launch Name was Happy River. Call Sign PCAW, IMO Number 9139294. Built at De Merwede, Netherlands Flagged, LR Classed, Ice Strengthened 1A Class, Length Overall of 138.04 m., Length Between Perpendiculars of 127.14 m., Draught of 9.50 m., Beam of 22.80 m., Gross Tonnage of 10,990, Moulded Depth of 12.95 m., Keel to mast air draft of 42.50 m., Tonnage of 9,225 Panama Canal Net, 8,901 Suez Canal Net, 5,041 International Net, 5,398 Light Displacement and 15,796 Dwt (long). Engine Description 4 S.A. 9-cyl., Engine Model 9R46, 1 Propellor, 1 Bow Thruster(s) of 850.00 Wartsila Engine, Speed of 16.40 kts at 36.60 tonnes per day, Intermediate Fuel Oil, Horsepower of 11758, Bunker Capacity of 1,240 tonnes.

OWNER / MANAGER DETAILS: BigLift Shipping B.V., website: http://www.bigliftshipping.com.

CARGO HANDLING: Grain Capacity of 18,055 cu.m., Maximum TEU of 346 in holds and 695 on deck, Homogeneous TEU of 477, on the basis of all 20 ft containers weighing 14 tonnes, maximum hatch dimensions of 91.00 x 17.70 m., 2 deck(s), ratio of dwt per TEU is 15.41787. Grain Capacity of 18,055 cu.m., Bale Capacity of 17,863 cu.m., 1 Holds, 1 Hatches, Total Teu capacity of 1,041, Maximum Teu of 346 in the Holds and 695 on Deck, 2 Crane(s) with a safe working load of 400 tonnes, Heavy Lift.

MAIN ENGINE:  1 x Diesel – Wartsila 9R46 4-stroke 9-cyl. 460mm x 580mm bore/stroke – 8,648mkW total at 514rpm.

AUXILIARY:  3 x Aux. Diesel Gen – 4-stroke driving 3 x AC generator(s) at 1,350ekW total, (1,687.50kVA total) 445V at 60Hz.

OTHER POWER EQUIPMENT:  1 x Shaft Generator (PTO) at 1,000ekW total, AC, 445V at 60Hz.

PROPULSOR:  1 x CP Propeller (Aft Centre) (mechanical), Lips.

POS, PROPULSOR:  1 x Pos, Tunnel Thruster (Fwd.) (electric), Lips at 850ekW total AC.

OTHER ENGINE EQUIPMENT: 1 x Screw Shaft.

LIFTING EQUIPMENT:  2 x Crane (Stbd.) 400 tons SWL at 29.00m. outreach (twin mode).

MV HAPPY RIVER 1

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 2

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 3

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 4

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 5

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 6

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 7

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 8

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 9

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 10

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 11

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com

MV HAPPY RIVER 12

Brightly painted heavylift vessel MV ‘Happy River’ (16,000 dwt, 2x400T cranes, 1997, built at De Merwede, The Netherlands) calling the Port of Hamburg in March 2015. http://www.karatzas.com


© 2013-2015 Basil M Karatzas & Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co.  All Rights Reserved.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS:  Vessel description is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct and accurate but no assurances, warranties or representations are made herewith. Vessel description is provided for entertainment  purposes only. We have no responsibility whatsoever for any errors / omissions in vessel description.

Access to this blog signifies the reader’s irrevocable acceptance of this disclaimer. No part of this blog can be reproduced by any means and under any circumstances, whatsoever, in whole or in part, without proper attribution or the consent of the copyright and trademark holders of this website. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that information herewithin has been received from sources believed to be reliable and such information is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing, no warranties or assurances whatsoever are made in reference to accuracy or completeness of said information, and no liability whatsoever will be accepted for taking or failing to take any action upon any information contained in any part of this website.  Thank you for the consideration.

Concord Point Light

Images of Concord Lighthouse (Havre de Grace, Maryland)

Concord Point Light (lighthouse) is located in Havre de Grace, Maryland, overlooking the point where the Susquehanna River flows into the Chesapeake Bay (the northernmost lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay). Concord Point Lighthouse was established to warn seafaring vessels away from the treacherous currents and shoals near the mouth of the Susquehanna River, an area of increasing navigational traffic at the time it was constructed in 1827. Master builder John Donahoo, a-multiple-terms Havre de Grace town commissioner, was responsible for the construction of the lighthouse in his hometown. At the time of its de-commissioning in 1975, Concord Point Lighthouse had the distinction of being the oldest beacon in continuous use in Maryland. The name Concord Point is derived from ‘Conquered Point’, which is itself a rearrangement of the original christening, ‘Point of Conquest’.

CONCORD POINT LIGHT QUICK FACTS                                                                         * Second oldest lighthouse in Maryland (built 1827)                                                             * Northern-most lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay                                                            * 30-foot tower painted white with metal lantern painted black                                            * Built of local Port Deposit granite                                                                                       * Tower walls are 3 feet thick at the base, 18 inches at the top                                             * Fifth Order Fresnels lens                                                                                                     * 27 granite steps, 8-rung iron ladder to lantern                                                                    * Original tongue and groove mahogany door and lock                                                        * First keeper was John O’Neill, hero of the War of 1812                                                      * Automated in 1920                                                                                                             * Decommissioned in 1975; oldest light in continuous service at that time                           * Keeper’s Dwelling built in 1827 of local granite, 200 feet from the tower

LIGHTHOUSE DESCRIPTION                                                                                Concord Point Light is a 36-ft tall (11 m) tower that was built in 1827. It is the oldest lighthouse in Maryland that is accessible to the public and the second oldest tower lighthouse still standing on the Chesapeake Bay (Pooles Island Light (built 2 years earlier) is within Aberdeen Proving Ground but off-limits). Both lighthouses are very similar, built by John Donahoo from the local granite construction to the mahogany doors.

The original Keeper’s Dwelling still exists at Concord Point and has been fully restored to its 1884 version.

The lighthouse, a truncated conical tower topped by a lantern and deck, was built with Port Deposit granite, barged down the Susquehanna River. The walls are 31 inches (790 mm) thick at the base and narrow to 18 inches (460 mm) at the parapet. John Donahoo also built the keeper’s house across the street.

The lantern was originally lit with 9 whale oil lamps with 16-inch (410 mm) tin reflectors. In 1854, a sixth-order Fresnel lens was installed. This was later upgraded to a fifth-order Fresnel lens. The lighthouse was automated in 1920.

The 484-square-foot lighthouse tract was deeded to the federal government by the town commissioners in 1826, and on May 18 of that year Congress provided $2,500 for the lighthouse and added $1,500 to this amount on March 2, 1827. The tower’s walls are three feet, three inches thick at the base, where the inside diameter of the tower is eleven feet, and taper to a thickness of one-and-a-half-feet at the lantern room. A tongue and groove mahogany door, identical to one used at Pooles Island light, originally guarded the entrance-way, while a spiral staircase made of triangular granite steps leads to a quarter-circular stone landing, from which the lantern may be accessed by climbing a slightly angled iron ship’s ladder. The lantern floor is composed of radially cut stone pieces, which are held in place by flat iron keys. The storm panels on the lantern are secured by iron mullions cast in an unusual fin shape. The original illuminating apparatus consisted of multiple lamps, each with its own sixteen-inch reflector.

BACKGROUND HISTORY                                                                                                 In the nation’s early years, waterways provided the only means of effective transportation and communication. In 1789, Congress made aids to navigation, including lighthouses, the responsibility of the federal government instead of individual states. Cape Henry and other Virginia locations on the Chesapeake received the first lighthouses. Finally in 1819, Congress authorized the first Maryland lights at the entrance to Baltimore Harbor. The next 2 lighthouses were authorized in 1824 for Thomas Point Bar (entrance to Annapolis) and Pooles Island (guiding ships to the Gunpowder River and points north). The next year, the federal government authorized construction of a lighthouse on Concord Point in Havre de Grace at the entrance to the Susquehanna River.

Stephen Pleasanton, 5th auditor of the Treasury, was responsible for all aids to navigation. He sent Naval officer William Barney to Havre de Grace to obtain property on Concord Point for the light station. Barney’s task proved to be difficult because valuable fisheries lined the river bank and no one would sell their land. Finally the town commissioners agreed to provide the end of Lafayette Street for the lighthouse, but the keeper’s house and garden would have to be some distance away. In 1826, the State of Maryland authorized the city to transfer the end of Lafayette Street to the federal government. In May of 1827 the federal government signed deeds for both the 22 foot square plot on the riverbank and a 1 acre parcel landside. This unusual arrangement meant the keeper’s quarters would be 200 feet from the lighthouse, a sizable distance in poor weather.

Local documents describe the lighthouse area as being “seriously blighted” by 1924, and apparently remained that way for many years. The lighthouse was decommissioned by the Coast Guard in 1975 and soon after that the lens was stolen. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Extensive restoration began in 1979, and is ongoing. The keeper’s house has been restored and is now open to the public as a museum.

A perusal of the Lighthouse Board’s annual reports reveals that Concord Point Lighthouse has been a relatively low-maintenance structure over the years. On May 10, 1855, a steamer’s lens replaced the nine constant-level lamps and reflectors used in the lantern room, and this in turn was upgraded to a sixth-order Fresnel lens in 1869, and then a fifth-order lens in 1891. The signature of the light was changed from fixed white to fixed red in in 1879, and then to fixed green in 1931.

In 1884, an extra story with four rooms was added to the keeper’s dwelling, providing better accommodations for Keeper Henry O’Neill and his family. The light was switched over to electrical operation in November 1918. Keeper O’Neill was scheduled to retire the following month, and he was allowed to remain in the house as a custodian. Following the passing of Keeper ’Neill , the dwelling was sold to Michael Fahey in 1920 for $4,000, and the structure was subsequently used as a rooming house, restaurant, and bar.

LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS                                                                                                   * John O’Neill (1827 – 1838)                                                                                                * Thomas Courtney (1838 – 1841)                                                                                       * John Blaney (1841 – 1844)                                                                                                 * Thomas Courtney (1844 – 1849)                                                                                        * John Blaney (1849 – 1853)                                                                                                * Thomas Sutor (1853 – 1861)                                                                                             * John O’Neill, Jr. (1861 – 1863)                                                                                           * Esther O’Neill (1863 – 1881)                                                                                               * Henry E. O’Neill (1881 – 1918).

Over the years, the keepers of Concord Point Lighthouse were mostly descendants of John O’Neill, an Irish immigrant who arrived in America at the age eighteen. O’Neill achieved lasting fame during the War of 1812, when British ships commanded by Admiral Sir George Cockburn turned their guns on Havre de Grace. As a local militia lieutenant in charge of some four dozen men, O’Niell’s mission was to hold a small parapet of three cannons named Potato Battery. Many of O’Neill’s soldiers were too old to serve in the regular United States Army, and when the British opened fire they all quickly abandoned their posts. O’Neill declined to join his retreating men, and heroically took charge of one of the cannons himself. He later described the experience: “The grape shot flew thick about me. I loaded the gun myself without anyone to serve the vent, which, you know is very dangerous, and when I fired her, she recoiled and ran over my thigh.” Shortly thereafter O’Neill was forced to retreat into town; nevertheless he procured a musket and continued to fire on the ships, all the while trying to entice the fleeing members of his troop to return and assist him. O’Neill was eventually captured by the British and sentenced to be hanged aboard one of their ships, prompting his fifteen-year-old daughter to reportedly row out in a skiff and plead for her father’s life. Admiral Cockburn was so impressed by her courage that he released O’Neill and gave the Irishman’s daughter a gold and tortoise-shell snuff box, which is presently in the keeping of the Maryland Historical Society.

O’Neill managed to parlay his heroic stature into a town commissioner’s position in Havre de Grace. He also managed another political appointment: first lighthouse keeper at Concord Point. At the time, the appointment of keepers was a very politicized process, with the coveted jobs usually going to veterans and those well connected to powerful decision makers. O’Neill stayed on the job from 1827 until his death in 1838. Following O’Neill, Thomas Courtney and John Blaney each served two terms as keeper until Thomas Sutor took charge of the light in 1853. John O’Neill, Jr. succeeded Keeper Sutor in 1861 and served until his death in 1863, at which time his wife Esther assumed responsibility for the light. During a portion of the eighteen years she was in charge of the light, Esther was assisted by Gabriel Evans, her son-in-law. Henry E. O’Neill became keeper of the light after his mother resigned in 1881 and served until his death in 1919.

MODERN HISTORY                                                                                                    During World War I, the Lighthouse Service encouraged its personnel to grow gardens and purchase liberty bonds to support the war effort, and in 1918, seventy-seven-year-old Henry O’Neill used $300 he had saved for funeral expenses for himself and his wife to purchase bonds. A letter mentioning O’Neill’s sacrifice reached President Woodrow Wilson, to which he replied, “The inclosed letter is not only interesting but touching, and I am cheered to have seen it.”

The lighthouse and keeper’s house are maintained by The Friends of Concord Point Lighthouse. Both the tower and keeper’s house are open to visitors. The grounds are open year-round.

Concord Point Lighthouse was decommissioned in 1975, and shortly thereafter the Fresnel lens mysteriously disappeared from the tower. Some insist that the present lens, on loan from the Coast Guard and the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, is in fact the original one that disappeared in 1975. Concord Point Lighthouse is currently listed as a private aid to navigation, exhibiting a light from its fifth-order Fresnel lens.

A group of concerned citizens formed the non-profit the Friends of Concord Point Lighthouse in 1979 to restore and maintain the structure. The tower was restored in 1981, and in 1983 a fifth-order Fresnel lens, on loan from the Coast Guard, was mounted in the lantern room.

The Friends of Concord Point Lighthouse helped turn the lighthouse grounds into a tree-lined park, which attracts thousands of visitors each year. The grounds were in the past open and grassy, without many sizable trees, and Havre de Grace town records indicate that portions of the grounds behind the keeper’s dwelling were initially swampy, requiring John O’Neill to fill them in using a horse and cart.

In 1988, the non-profit group turned its attentions to the keeper’s house, after the state acquired the property that year and turned it over to the city. As the dwelling had been significantly altered during its lifetime, the Friends commissioned a study of the house’s history and original architecture, which was a vital step given the Maryland Historic Trust’s very strict standards for restorations. Between 1988 and 1997, the structure was stabilized and modern additions were demolished, and then between 2002 and 2004, the interior of the dwelling was restored. A before and after photograph of the dwelling show the remarkable job the Friends have done. Visitors to the lighthouse and dwelling are now afforded a glimpse into the everyday lives of lighthouse keepers and their families, circa the late 1800s.


 

Lighthouse Concord Point 1

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11m tall) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 2

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 3

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 4

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 5

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 6

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 7

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 8

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 9

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 10

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 11

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 12

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images

Lighthouse Concord Point 13

Concord Point Light – Lighthouse built of granite (11 m tall, originally lit with nine whale lamps) in 1827 and positioned in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. Image Credit: Karatzas Images


 

© 2013-2015 Basil M Karatzas & Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co.  All Rights Reserved.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS:  Vessel description is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct and accurate but no assurances, warranties or representations are made herewith. Vessel description is provided for entertainment  purposes only. We have no responsibility whatsoever for any errors / omissions in vessel description.

Access to this blog signifies the reader’s irrevocable acceptance of this disclaimer. No part of this blog can be reproduced by any means and under any circumstances, whatsoever, in whole or in part, without proper attribution or the consent of the copyright and trademark holders of this website. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that information herewithin has been received from sources believed to be reliable and such information is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing, no warranties or assurances whatsoever are made in reference to accuracy or completeness of said information, and no liability whatsoever will be accepted for taking or failing to take any action upon any information contained in any part of this website.  Thank you for the consideration.

MV ‘BOUDICCA’

Images of Cruiseship MV ‘BOUDICCA’ (Ex: Grand Latino)                                           880 Berths, Cruise Vessel, Built 1973

Vessel Naming as per Company Website: Boudicca was the heroic warrior queen of the British Iceni tribe.

IDENTIFICATION: Ex-names are Grand Latino, Superstar Capricorn, Superstar Capricorn, Hyundai Keumgang, Superstar Capricorn, Golden Princess, Birka Queen, Sunward, Royal Viking Sky. Call Sign C6VA3, IMO Number 7218395, Vessel was rebuilt or converted in 2006. Built at O/Y Wartsila AB, Bahamas Flagged, Length Overall of 206.96 m., Length Between Perpendiculars of 169.73 m., Draught of 7.55 m., Beam of 25.20 m., Moulded Depth of 13.67 m., Tonnage of 11,714 International Net and 5,862 Dwt (long). Gross Tonnage of 28,551, Engine Description 4 S.A. 9-cyl., Engine Model 9ZH40/48, Sulzer Engine, Speed of 20.00 kts, Horsepower of 18,000, 2 Variable pitch Propellors.

OWNER / MANAGER DETAILS: Fred Olsen Cruise Lines Ltd., company website: http://www.fredolsencruises.com.

SPECIALIZED DETAILS: Total number of Passengers 900, 463 Passenger Cabins, 880 Passenger Berths, 320 Crew.


 

MV BOUDICCA 1

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 2

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits and the Bosporus Bridge. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 3

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits, passing under the Bosporus Bridge. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 4

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 5

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 6

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 7

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 8

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 9

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 10

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 11

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com

MV BOUDICCA 12

Classic Cruiseship ‘Boudicca’ in the Bosporus Straits. http://www.karatzas.com


© 2013-2014 Basil M Karatzas & Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co.  All Rights Reserved.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS:  Vessel description is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct and accurate but no assurances, warranties or representations are made herewith. Vessel description is provided for entertainment  purposes only. We have no responsibility whatsoever for any errors / omissions in vessel description.

Access to this blog signifies the reader’s irrevocable acceptance of this disclaimer. No part of this blog can be reproduced by any means and under any circumstances, whatsoever, in whole or in part, without proper attribution or the consent of the copyright and trademark holders of this website. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that information herewithin has been received from sources believed to be reliable and such information is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing, no warranties or assurances whatsoever are made in reference to accuracy or completeness of said information, and no liability whatsoever will be accepted for taking or failing to take any action upon any information contained in any part of this website.  Thank you for the consideration.

MV ‘SINGAPORE BRIDGE’

Images of Containership MV ‘SINGAPORE BRIDGE’ (Ex: SC Rotterdam)
4,253 TEU, Fully Cellular Container, Built 2002

IDENTIFICATION: Ex-names are SC Rotterdam, CSCL Rotterdam. Launch Name was CSCL Rotterdam. Panamax Containership, Call Sign V7KF4, IMO Number 9224348. Built at Samsung H.I., Marshall Islands Flagged, Korean Classed, Length Overall of 259.80 m., Length Between Perpendiculars of 244.80 m., Draught of 12.60 m., Beam of 32.25 m., Gross Tonnage of 39,941, Moulded Depth of 19.30 m., Tonnage of 24,458 International Net and 50,148 Dwt (long). Engine Description 2 S.A. 8-cyl., Engine Model 8K90MC-C6.1 MAN B. & W. Engine, Speed of 24.50 kts at 133.00 tonnes per day, Heavy Fuel Oil, Horsepower of 49704. 1 Propellor, 1 Bow Thruster(s)

OWNER / MANAGER DETAILS: KG Allgemeine Leasing Gmbh & Co (KGAL); company details: http://www.kgal.de.

SPECIALIZED DETAILS: Teu Capacities of 4,253 Total, 2,805 Homogeneous and 800 Reefer, 7 Holds, 14 Hatches, Dwt to Teu ratio of 11.98, Maximum Teu of 1,584 in the Holds. Total Teu Capacity of 4,253, 7 Holds, 14 Hatches.


 

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 1

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor; passing Statue of Liberty. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 2

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor; passing Statue of Liberty. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 3

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor; passing Statue of Liberty. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 4

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor; World Trade Center in the background.  http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 5

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 6

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. Starboard bow view detail. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 7

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. Starboard stern view. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 8

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 9

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 10

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 11

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. http://www.karatzas.com

MV SINAGPORE BRIDGE 12

Gearless, sub-panamax containership ‘Singapore Bridge’ (4,200-teu, built in 2002 at Samsung Heavy) departing New York Harbor. http://www.karatzas.com


© 2013-2014 Basil M Karatzas & Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co.  All Rights Reserved.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS:  Vessel description is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct and accurate but no assurances, warranties or representations are made herewith. Vessel description is provided for entertainment  purposes only. We have no responsibility whatsoever for any errors / omissions in vessel description.

Access to this blog signifies the reader’s irrevocable acceptance of this disclaimer. No part of this blog can be reproduced by any means and under any circumstances, whatsoever, in whole or in part, without proper attribution or the consent of the copyright and trademark holders of this website. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that information herewithin has been received from sources believed to be reliable and such information is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing, no warranties or assurances whatsoever are made in reference to accuracy or completeness of said information, and no liability whatsoever will be accepted for taking or failing to take any action upon any information contained in any part of this website.  Thank you for the consideration.